Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad of ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer. Please note: All staff and volunteers who work with children (infants -5th grade) and youth (grades 6-12) at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
Join us every Sunday morning for Children’s Chapel during the 9 a.m. mass, and Sunday School for each grade at 10 a.m. Register your children for Sunday School quickly and easily on the link below.
If you have further questions concerning baptism, 1st Communion class, children’s programming and opportunities, or just visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
Acolytes and Choirs: Children grades 2 and up can serve as acolytes. Contact Jody Maxwell at Jody@Jjmcpa.net for details. Those in grades K-5 can be members of our Westminster Choir. Contact SamNelson@RedeemerSarasota.org for more information.
Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 a.m. mass, children K-5th leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return for The Peace. Please note: VPK kiddos (ages 4 and 5) begin their Sunday School time in Chapel, and should come to Chapel with a parent. That class heads to class with their teachers at Chapel’s conclusion.
Sunday School: Throughout the academic year, a vibrant Sunday School program is offered weekly immediately following the 9 a.m. mass for children 4 years old through 12th grade. Redeemer feels it is essential for families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks. 10 – 10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1 p.m. Sunday Spanish mass. Look for the directional sign outside the “red doors” to help you find your child’s classroom. For safety sake, children 3rd grade and younger must be picked up by a parent at 10:40 a.m.
Redeemer Kids bags are filled with activity goodies, and are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. “Redeemer Kids” bags are available on Sunday mornings in the narthex. They are filled with quiet time activities. We invite you to use them, take any artwork you create with you after church, and place the bag back on its “home” rack in the narthex before you leave. Bags and their contents are disinfected weekly.
Nursery: Our nurseries are open year-round for babies six-weeks-old through those not yet four during the 9 and 11 a.m. services. For access, please press the Ring doorbell, located just to the right of the door to the 2nd floor reception area, in the Robinson Center.
A sampling of Special Events and Weekday Programs
- Vacation Bible School – August 1-5, 2022, 9 a.m. – noon. To register, link here.
- Blessing of the Backpacks – August 7, 2022, during the 9 a.m. mass. Registration not needed.
- Rally Sunday – August 14, 2022 – Launch of the new Sunday School year, 9 a.m. mass. Registration not needed.
- Logos 2022- Wednesday afternoons in the Fall. Registration will open in Summer, 2022.
- Blessing of the Animals – October 4, 2022, 4 p.m., Palm Avenue Terrace. Registration not needed.
- All Saints’ Wax Museum – November 6, 2022, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall. Registration not needed.
- Advent Event – November 27, 2022, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall. Registration not needed.
- Christmas Eve mass with Live Nativity and a “Special Visitor” – 3 p.m.
- Just Do It! 2023 – Wednesdays in January and February. Watch for registration.
- Little Hands, Big Hearts 2023 – Wednesday evening outreach during Lent. Space is limited. Watch for registration.
- First Communion Class 2023 – Sunday mornings in Lent, 10 – 10:40 a.m.
- Children’s Procession of the Palms, Holy Week Tableaus, and Palm Sunday Petting Zoo – April 2, 2023, during and following the 9 a.m. mass. Registration not needed.
- Easter Day Egg Hunt – April 9, 2023, following the 9 a.m. mass. No baskets, please. Registration not needed.
- Annual Beach Bash – April 14, 2023. Watch for registration.