Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. All staff and volunteers who work with children and youth at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
If you have further questions concerning our children’s experience or visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
- Acolytes and Choirs: Children grades 2 and up can serve as acolytes. Contact email@example.com for details. Those in grades K-5 can be members of our Westminster Choir. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 AM Mass, children K-5th leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return for The Peace. Children PreK and younger are welcome to attend, with a parent.
- Sunday School: During COVID-19, a vibrant Courtyard Sunday School program is offered weekly immediately following the 9 AM mass. We look forward to returning to in-person, grade level Sunday School classes, essential as families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks, which typically take place throughout the academic year for all children from 10:10 to 10:45 on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1PM Spanish mass.
- Activity goodies are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. Take your artwork and crayons with you after the service. We look forward to resuming the use of our “Redeemer Kids” bags, which will again be available in the narthex with quiet time activities – coloring pages and crayons, pipe cleaners for “creating,” small Bible story books, etc.
- Nursery: During COVID-19, only our “Confident Walker through 3-year old Nursery” is open, on a very limited basis, on Sunday mornings at the 9 AM and 11 AM masses. For the safety of all, attendance requires weekly registration. For more information, link here. However, we look forward to when we can re-open our entire childcare suite! Once reopened, Redeemer will again be blessed to offer nursery care for infants through 3 year olds, with nurseries open every Sunday during the 9 and 11 AM masses, and 1PM Spanish mass.
Sampling of special events and weekday programs
- Vacation Bible School – 2-6 August, 9-noon. Registration opens soon.
- Blessing of the Animals
- All Saints’ Wax Museum
- Advent Event
- Christmas Eve mass with Live Nativity and a “Special Visitor”
- Holy Week Tableaus, Palm Sunday Petting Zoo, and Easter Day Egg Hunt