Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. All staff and volunteers who work with children and youth at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
If you have further questions concerning our children’s experience or visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
- Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 AM Mass, children K-5th leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return following the Peace.
- Sunday School: Sunday School classes, essential as families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks, take place throughout the academic year for all children from 10:10 to 10:45 on Sunday mornings. Grades K-5 meet in the Bell Tower wing. Classes are also offered during the 1PM Spanish mass.
- “Redeemer Kids” bags are always available in the narthex with quiet time activities – coloring pages and crayons, pipe cleaners for “creating,” small Bible story books, etc. Please help yourself! Take your artwork with you after the service, and return the bag to the narthex.
- Nursery and PreK: Redeemer is blessed to have nursery care for infants through PreK in the Bell Tower Wing. Nurseries are open every Sunday during the 9 and 11 AM masses, and 1PM Spanish mass. Beepers are available to parents to keep contact with their little ones. PreK is open during the 9 AM mass.
Sampling of special events and weekday programs
- Vacation Bible School – 5-9 August, 9-noon
- Blessing of the Animals
- All Saints’ Wax Museum
- Advent Event
- Christmas Eve 3PM Mass with Live Nativity
- Holy Week Tableaus, Palm Sunday Petting Zoo, and Easter Day Egg Hunt