Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad of ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer. Please note: All staff and volunteers who work with children (infants -5th grade) and youth (grades 6-12) at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
Parents in Prayer takes place on Wednesday, August 10, as part of the 10 a.m. mass.
Join us every Sunday morning for Children’s Chapel during the 9 a.m. mass.
Sunday School resumes August 14 with Rally Sunday at the 9 a.m. mass. Register here.
Redeemer’s Christmas Break Camp takes place December 27-30 at DaySpring Episcopal Conference Center in Ellenton for 3rd-8th graders, and there is a discount if you register during the month of July. To register, link here.
If you have further questions concerning baptism, 1st Communion class, children’s programming and opportunities, or just visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
Acolytes and Choirs: Children grades 2 and up can serve as acolytes. Contact Jody Maxwell at Jody@Jjmcpa.net for details. Those in grades K-5 can be members of our world-class Children’s Choir. Contact SamNelson@RedeemerSarasota.org for more information.
Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 a.m. mass, children K and up leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return for The Peace. VPK attends with parents.
Sunday School: Throughout the academic year, a vibrant Sunday School program is offered weekly immediately following the 9 a.m. mass for children 4 years old through 12th grade. Redeemer feels it is essential for families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks. 10 – 10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1 p.m. Sunday Spanish mass. Look for the directional sign outside the “red doors” to help you find your child’s classroom. For safety sake, children 3rd grade and younger must be picked up by a parent at 10:40 a.m. Register here.
Redeemer Kids bags are filled with activity goodies, and are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. “Redeemer Kids” bags are available on Sunday mornings in the narthex. They are filled with quiet time activities. We invite you to use them, take any artwork you create with you after church, and place the bag back on its “home” rack in the narthex before you leave. Bags and their contents are disinfected weekly.
Nursery: Our nurseries are open year-round for babies six-weeks-old through those not yet four during the 9 and 11 a.m. services. For access, please press the Ring doorbell, located just to the right of the door to the 2nd floor reception area, in the Robinson Center.
A sampling of Special Events and Weekday Programs
- Vacation Bible School – August 1-5, 2022, 9 a.m. – noon, for rising K-5th graders. For a glimpse at VBS 2022, link here.
- Rally Sunday – August 14, 2022 – Launch of the new Sunday School year, 9 a.m. mass. To register for Sunday School, link here.
- LOGOS 2022- Wednesday afternoons in the Fall, K-5th grades. Register here.
- Blessing of the Animals – October 4, 2022, 5:30 p.m., Parish Courtyard.
- All Saints’ Wax Museum – November 6, 2022, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall.
- Advent Event – November 27, 2022, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall.
- Christmas Eve mass with Live Nativity and a “Special Visitor” – December 24, 2022, 3 p.m.
- Redeemer’s Christmas Break Camp, December 27-30, 2022. DaySpring Episcopal Conference Center, 3rd – 8th graders. To register, link here.
- Just Do It! 2023 – Wednesdays in January and February, K-5th grades. Space is limited. Watch for registration.
- Movie on the Lawn – February 3, 2023. Watch for details.
- Little Hands, Big Hearts 2023 – Wednesday evening outreach during Lent, K-5th grades. Space is limited. Watch for registration.
- First Communion Class 2023 – Sunday mornings in Lent, 10 – 10:40 a.m.
- Children’s Procession of the Palms, Holy Week Tableaus, and Palm Sunday Petting Zoo – April 2, 2023, during and following the 9 a.m. mass.
- Easter Day Egg Hunt – April 9, 2023, following the 9 a.m. mass. No baskets, please.
- Annual Beach Bash – April 14, 2023. Watch for registration.
- Vacation Bible School – August 2023. Watch for dates and registration.
- Parents in Prayer, August 2023