Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. All staff and volunteers who work with children and youth at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
If you have further questions concerning our children’s experience or visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
- Acolytes and Choirs: Children grades 2 and up can serve as acolytes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Those in grades K-5 can be members of our Westminster Choir. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 AM Mass, children K-5th leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return for The Peace. Children PreK and younger are welcome to attend, with a parent.
- Sunday School: Throughout the academic year, a vibrant Sunday School program is offered weekly immediately following the 9 AM mass for children 4 years old through 12th grade. Redeemer feels is is essential for families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks. 10 – 10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1PM Spanish mass.
- Activity goodies are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. Take your artwork and crayons with you after the service. We look forward to resuming the use of our “Redeemer Kids” bags, which will again be available in the narthex with quiet time activities – coloring pages and crayons, pipe cleaners for “creating,” small Bible story books, etc.
- Nursery: Babies six-weeks-old through those not yet four is open during the 9 and 11 a.m. services as well as during the 1 p.m. mass is Spanish.
Sampling of special events and weekday programs
- Logos – Wednesday afternoons in the fall. To register, link here.
- Just Do It! – Wednesday in January and February
- Little Hands, Big Hearts – Wednesday afternoon outreach during Lent
- Vacation Bible School – 1-5 August, 2022, 9 AM – noon
- Blessing of the Animals – 3 October, 4 PM, Palm Avenue Terrace
- All Saints’ Wax Museum – 7 November, 10 AM, Gillespie Hall
- Advent Event – 28 November, 10 AM, Gillespie Hall
- Christmas Eve mass with Live Nativity and a “Special Visitor” – 3PM
- Holy Week Tableaus, Palm Sunday Petting Zoo, and Easter Day Egg Hunt