Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad of ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer. Please note: All staff and volunteers who work with children (infants -5th grade) and youth (grades 6-12) at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
Join us every Sunday morning for Children’s Chapel during the 9 a.m. mass.
If you have further questions concerning baptism, 1st Communion class, children’s programming and opportunities, or just visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with our Director of Children’s Christian Formation, Jacki Boedecker!
Click here to register to be an Acolyte
Acolytes and Choirs: Children grades 1 and up can serve as acolytes. Link here to register your child. Contact Beth Cave, firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Those in grades K-5 can be members of our world-class Redeemer Choir School. Contact SamNelson@RedeemerSarasota.org for more information.
Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 a.m. mass, children VPK and older leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return for The Peace.
Sunday School: Throughout the academic year, a vibrant Sunday School program is offered weekly immediately following the 9 a.m. mass for children VPK through 12th grade. Redeemer feels it is essential for families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks. 10 – 10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1 p.m. Sunday Spanish mass. Look for the directional sign in the narthex to help you find your child’s classroom. For safety’s sake, children 3rd grade and younger must be picked up by a parent at 10:40 a.m. Register here.
Redeemer Kids bags are filled with activity goodies, and are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. “Redeemer Kids” bags are available on Sunday mornings in the narthex. They are filled with quiet time activities. We invite you to use them, take any artwork you create with you after church, and place the bag back on its “home” rack in the narthex before you leave. Bags and their contents are disinfected weekly.
Nursery: Our nurseries are open year-round for babies six-weeks-old through four-year-olds during the 9 and 11 a.m. services. Children who reach their fourth birthday by 9.1.23 head to VPK. Greeters are on hand to welcome families prior to the 9 a.m. mass. For access the nurseries at any time, call 941 955 4263, Ext. 216. To learn more about our nurseries, link here.
“The Fourth Trimester… and Beyond” is a rotating Sunday morning offering for parents, grandparents, caregivers, and all who love children, with a focus on health, happiness, and faith, and our shared goal of building a supportive, nurturing world as we journey with them through life. 10-10:40 a.m. Watch for our next four-week session here.
A sampling of Special Events and Weekday Programs
- Sunday School – immediately following the 9 a.m. mass, and as part of the 1 p.m. mass in Spanish. To register for Sunday School, link here.
- LOGOS 2023 – Wednesday afternoons in the Fall, 5-6:30 p.m. K-5th grades. Link here to register
- Serve on Saturdays – 3rd Saturday of each month, throughout the academic year. See bulletin for details.
- All Saints’ Wax Museum – November 5, 2023, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall.
- Advent Event – November 26, 2023, 10 a.m., Gillespie Hall. Make an Advent wreath and a Christ candle (from recycled Redeemer wax) for your household.
- Mom’s Night Out – November 29, 2023, 6-7:30 p.m., St. Francis Garden and Gift Shop
- Parish Family Christmas Lights Tour via Trolley, Wednesday, December 6, 5:45 – 6:45 p.m. This event is now full, but there is a wait list. Link here to add your name to the wait list.
- Christmas Eve Family Mass – December 24, 2023, 3 p.m. Live Nativity and a Special Visitor are part of this service.
- Christmas Break Overnight Camp, Grades 3-8, DaySpring Episcopal Conference Center. Link here to register.
- Just Do It! Wednesday night programming for children grades K-5, Jan 10 – Feb 7, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Link here to register
- Race Back to Sunday School – Sunday, January 21
- Bagels & Bacon in Bathrobes with Candy Bar Bingo – January 28, 2024. Watch for details.
- Annual “Movie on the Lawn,” February 2024. Watch for details.
- Little Hands, Big Hearts 2023 – Wednesday evening outreach during Lent, K-5th grades, February 21-March 6. Link here to reserve your spot.
- Children’s Procession of the Palms, Holy Week Tableaus, and Palm Sunday Petting Zoo – March 24, 2024, during and following the 9 a.m. mass.
- Flowering of the Cross – March 31, 2024, before and after all masses.
- Easter Day Egg Hunt – March 31, 2024, following the 9 a.m. mass. No baskets, please.
- Summer Sunday Specials, intergenerational Sunday School – Sundays in June, following the 9 a.m. mass.
- Vacation Bible School takes place the week before school starts, August 5-9, 2024. Watch bulletin for registration
- Blessing of the Backpacks -August 10, 2024, during the 9 a.m. mass.
- VBS Celebration Sunday and “Sundaes on Sunday” – August 10, 2024, during and after the 9 a.m. mass.
- Rally Sunday – August 17, 2024, following the 9 a.m. mass.
- Parents in Prayer, August 12, 2024. Chapel
- Sunday School Open House, Sunday, September 1, 10-10:40 a.m. Visit all classrooms on the 2nd floor of the Robinson Center (VPK-8th grade) and the Babcock Youth Room in the Bell Tower Wing (9th – 12th grade)
- Parents’ Night Out Interactive Cooking Class – watch the bulletin for dates and registration
- Blessing of the Animals – September 29, 2024, 5:45 p.m. in the parish courtyard
- Trunk or Treat, October 26, 2024, Gulfstream Circle in front of the church, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Advent Event, November 24, 2024, Gillespie Hall. Make an Advent Wreath and Christ Candle as we celebrate the coming of Advent and Christmas