Children of Redeemer
Explore the ministry opportunities for your children at Church of the Redeemer
Children’s Ministry at Redeemer
Realizing that children are the future of the church, Redeemer provides a myriad ways in which children and their parents can “Take Their Place” in parish life to the fullest, building deeper faith, solid community, and stronger families along the way. All staff and volunteers who work with children and youth at Redeemer have been screened, and have completed “Safeguarding God’s Children” training. We look forward to sharing with you all that Redeemer has to offer.
Director of Children’s Christian Formation
If you have further questions concerning our children’s experience or visiting Church of the Redeemer with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
- Children’s Chapel: Held Sundays during the 9:00 AM Mass, children K-5th leave for Gillespie Hall before the reading of the Gospel, and return following the Peace. Children PreK and younger are welcome to attend, with a parent.
- Sunday School: During COVID-19, a vibrant, virtual Sunday School program is offered weekly by linking here. Supplies are provided! We look forward to returning to in-person Sunday School classes, essential as families and the church partner to foster faith that sticks, which typically take place throughout the academic year for all children from 10:10 to 10:45 on Sunday mornings. Classes are also offered during the 1PM Spanish mass.
- Activity goodies are offered weekly upon arrival at mass. Take your artwork and crayons with you after the service. We look forward to resuming the use of our “Redeemer Kids” bags, which will again be available in the narthex with quiet time activities – coloring pages and crayons, pipe cleaners for “creating,” small Bible story books, etc.
- Nursery and PreK: During COVID-19, our nurseries are not open, but we look forward to the re-opening of our childcare suite! Once reopened, Redeemer will again be blessed to offer nursery care for infants through PreK, with nurseries open every Sunday during the 9 and 11 AM masses, and 1PM Spanish mass, and PreK during the 9 AM mass.
Sampling of special events and weekday programs
- Vacation Bible School – 3-7 August, 9-noon, but virtual in 2020
- Blessing of the Animals
- All Saints’ Wax Museum
- Advent Event
- Christmas Eve 3PM Mass with Live Nativity
- Holy Week Tableaus, Palm Sunday Petting Zoo, and Easter Day Egg Hunt