Children and Youth:
Sunday School at the 9 a.m. mass: Sunday School classes take place throughout the academic year for children in VPK (4 and 5 year olds not yet in Kindergarten) through 12th grade. Teachers, students, and parents (of children grades 3 and under), please receive communion and/or blessing first and go directly to your classrooms, all of which are located on the second floor of the Robinson Center. Classroom maps are in the narthex. All classes end at 10:40 a.m. with pickup in classrooms.
Note: VPK children (4 & 5 year olds) begin their Sunday School class in Children’s Chapel. Parents of these children should accompany their child to Chapel, where our VPK teachers will greet you. Pickup for VPK is at 10:40 a.m., in Room 217, on the second floor of the Robinson Center.
Sunday School at the 1 p.m. mass: Sunday School classes take place throughout the academic year for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Students leave just before the reading of the Gospel with teachers and return to families at the time of The Peace.
Choirs for Children and Youth: Westminster Choir members (grades K-5) meet at 5 -6 p.m. on Wednesdays. Canterbury Choir members (grades 6-12) join the Westminster Choir at 5:30 p.m. and stay until 6:30 p.m. Both are part of the Royal School of Church Music program, founded in 1927, a Christian music education organization dedicated to the promotion of the repertoire and traditions of Anglican church music. Choir members will learn how to read music, sing with good technique, chant the Psalms, and everything else that goes along with being a choir member at Church of the Redeemer. The joint choirs will sing during the 9 a.m. mass on the first Sunday of the month. Questions? Email Sam Nelson at SamNelson@RedeemerSarasota.org.
Acolytes: Young people in the parish, ages 9 and up, are encouraged to serve as acolytes. They can register as acolytes with Mrs. Jody Maxwell, Jody@Jjmcpa.net.
Children: (VPK – 5th grade)
- Children’s Chapel: Children’s Chapel takes place every Sunday during the 9 a.m. mass. Children in grades K-5 leave with leaders just before the reading of the Gospel and return to their families at The Peace. VPK students are welcome to attend, but should be accompanied by a parent. Designed with all the components of the liturgy, included are an age-appropriate reading of the Gospel, homily, Creed, Prayers of the People, Confession and Absolution.
- Wednesday Evening Programing: LOGOS, Just Do It, and Little Hears, Big Hands run throughout the academic year, just for children K-5th grade. To register your child for one of these programs, go to RedeemerSarasota.org/Children.
- Vacation Bible School: VBS takes place the week before the start of public school in Sarasota County, for children K-5rth grade. Youth in grades 6-12 can serve as Teaching Aides. To register, go to RedeemerSarasota.org/Children.
Youth: (6th – 12th grade)
- EYC (Episcopal Youth Community): On Wednesdays, our 6th -8th grade youth gather, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Gillespie Hall. Sundays, our 9th -12th graders meet, 6-7:30 p.m., Gillespie Hall. Dinner is served.
- Youth Homework Room: On Wednesday nights, we have a special supervised space set apart for youth in grades 6-8. The Marsden Room will be open starting at 5 p.m. for students grades 6 through 8 to come together to do homework before Confirmation Class or EYC. Snacks will be provided.
- Friday Morning Youth Bible Studies: Each Friday morning of the academic year, middle and high school students gather with adult mentors for “food for the body and food for the soul.” The Bible studies start at 6:15 a.m., and attendees are out of the door by 7 a.m. with the weekend starting out on “solid ground.” All students are welcome! For information and location, please contact Youth Minister Jackie Overton, JOverton@RedeemerSarasota.org.
Email Youth Minister Jackie Overton at JOverton@RedeemerSarasota.org.
Email Director of Children’s Christian Formation Jacki Boedecker at JBoedecker@RedeemerSarasota.org.