At its December Retreat, the Vestry unanimously reaffirmed Redeemer’s commitment to partner with our diverse community, living fully into our Baptismal Covenant.
Specifically, the Vestry reaffirmed these guiding principles:
- We denounce racism and embrace the reality that every human being is equally created in the image of God (Galatians 3:28).
- We welcome all who seek a relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We will continue striving to love one another as God loves us.
- We seek to live more fully into God’s call on all Christians to be instruments of peace, reconciliation, and love in the world.
A programmatic ministry, “Race to Reconciliation,” that nurtures the promises of our Baptismal Covenant, begins this month. Over the course of the year, the ministry will host:
- Speaker events
- Book clubs
- Community-wide conversations
The Purpose is to listen with our hearts, and to walk with our brothers and sisters humbly before our Lord, allowing love to rule our thoughts, our words, and our deeds.
The parish wishes to thank the following devoted parishioners that have worked with the Rector and clergy throughout 2020 to develop this programmatic ministry, “Race to Reconciliation.”
Willie Clemons, EdD, Chair
Nancy Boxhill -Thompson, PhD
Mary Darby Guidroz
For the latest information about all Redeemer news and events, visit redeemersarasota.org.