“Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
We are happy to provide the following parish update. Please continue to monitor the website. We will provide additional parish updates in the coming days.
Your clergy, vestry, and staff care about each member of the parish, and we continue to seek the best ways to serve any in need, and one another, in the coming days.
- $200,000 has been generously donated by parishioners Eliza and Hugh Culverhouse to establish Redeemer’s “Economic Crisis Fund,” which can provide immediate financial assistance to those facing economic hardship caused by COVID-19. To confidentially request assistance, please email or call Fr. Charleston (firstname.lastname@example.org; 941-955-4263). Everyone is invited to contribute to this fund and many already have. Every additional gift enables Redeemer to help another person or family in need. You may donate to this historic effort by clicking here. We thank the Culverhouse family for their continued generosity and leadership at such a critical time.
- We are actively calling every single parishioner, using the information we have in our database. The clergy, vestry, staff, and your dedicated volunteers want every member of the parish to know and experience a caring, Christian community of hope and grace.
- Your clergy continue to be available and may be reached twenty-four hours a day by calling (941) 955-4263.
- If you have any serious illness, your parish, especially your clergy, should know. We will always pray daily for all those who are ill in body, mind, or estate. Call us or email us.
- If you need to talk with our Christian counseling partners, Samaritan Counseling Services, please call (941) 926-2959. In addition to their on-campus location, Samaritan has other locations where you can receive counseling.
- Our Sunday School teachers are blessing all with a gentle, end-of-the-day series of recorded “Bedtime Stories,” each of them reading their favorite book and sharing it via our Facebook page. A different story is posted by 6 PM daily. Watch for them.
- Redeemer will continue to seek ways for us to serve one another in the coming days, and we will share them with you as soon as they are coordinated.
Christian Formation & More
Join hundreds of others in your parish family who are participating daily at Redeemer’s “Online Campus.” To access formation opportunities on Facebook Live, click here. You do not need a Facebook account to access these classes. This week:
- Yesterday Fr. Wood led “Mountaintop Experiences in the Bible,” where he focused on Elijah and hearing God in silence.
- Join Fr. Charleston live tonight at 6:30 PM for “Tell Me More.” This week’s topic: “Blind, But Now I See: Amazing Grace!”
- Fr. Chris and Christoph will host a Zoom meeting for high school youth at 5:00 PM. Please look for email from Christoph. If you’d like your child to join the meeting, please email Christoph at email@example.com.
- Join Fr. Charleston at 6:30 PM for “Pilgrims on the Canterbury Trail,” which is our class for newcomers to Redeemer and Anglicanism. It’s also a refresher course for those who’ve been in the parish a long time. This week the topic is: “The Church and the Sacraments.”
- Also, Fr. Chris and Christoph will youth will host a Zoom meeting for middle school youth at 5:00 PM. Please look for email from Christoph. If you’d like your child to join the meeting, please email Christoph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join a special parishioner at 6:30 PM to learn about an exciting opportunity on Facebook Live.
- Join us on Facebook Live at 6:30 PM to ask both Fr. Charleston and Fr. Wood your questions about anything! All topics (well, almost) will be considered! Type your questions in the comment section.
- Sunday School teachers are sharing The Story, along with follow-up activities, with parents of children, nursery-age through grade 5, each Friday in the parish eblast. For more information on this, contact Jacki Boedecker at email@example.com
- First Communion Class continues virtually. Watch for a message from Jacki Boedecker. If you need more information on this, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Friday, we will host another Great Redeemer Give-Away – safely distributed – between the hours of 11 AM and 12 noon only on the circle in front of Redeemer. Watch for this notice!
- Weekdays: Morning Prayer is live-streamed on Facebook Live at 10:00 AM, and Evening Prayer is also live-streamed at 5:15 PM. You do not need to join Facebook to watch Facebook Live. Click here to access Redeemer’s Facebook Page.
We look forward to offering another parish update soon. Peace be with you.