Musings on Prayer with Fr. Sullivan: Join us virtually for a six-part class with Fr. Robert Sullivan. Fr. Sullivan is a retired priest who served Redeemer until he moved to New Jersey last year. He recorded these special classes about prayer before he moved. The classes will air on the Redeemer YouTube channel and Facebook page at 6:30 p.m. on January 31, February 7, and February 14. (The first three episodes, which aired on January 10, 17, and 24, can be found on YouTube and Facebook.)
Monday, February 7
• GATORS Bible Study begins, 6 p.m., Becky Thornhill’s home. Gathering Adults to Redeemer Singles will host a Bible study on Mondays, February 7, March 7, April 4, and May 2. The first lesson comes from the book “Tasting Grace.” Bring your Bible and a notebook. Register at RedeemerSarasota.org/Calendar.
Friday, February 11
• GATORS (Gathering Adults to Redeemer Singles) Valentine’s Day Party, 6:30 p.m., Goewey Hall. At this “Soup’s On” Valentine’s gathering, savor a selection of soups, each prepared by the GATORS Leadership Team, served with bread and wine. Cupcakes A Go-Go will do a cupcake decorating demonstration, and we’ll sample cupcakes for dessert. Register by February 8 at RedeemerSarasota.org/Calendar.
Sunday, February 13
• Super Sunday, during the 9 a.m. mass, nave. We’ll recognize the super students of the parish who serve as acolytes and sing in the choir. Acolytes and choristers, watch your mailbox for an invitation from the rector for this exciting event!
Thursday, February 17
• All-Parish Book Club Dinner & Discussion, 6:30 p.m., Goewey Hall. A discussion of Last Train to Paradise: Henry Flagler and the Spectacular Rise and Fall of the Railroad that Crossed an Ocean by Les Standiford will be led by parishioner and archivist Deb Walk. Tickets are $20. Register at RedeemerSarasota.org/AllParishBookClub.
Saturday, February 19
• Widows’/Widowers’ Might Retreat with Lunch, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Goewey Hall. We welcome Bishop Dabney Smith, who will present “Finding Strength Through the Promise of the Resurrection after Losing a Spouse.” Even if you’ve been widowed for a long time, please plan to attend. Go to RedeemerSarasota.org/WidowsWidowersRetreat to register by February 12.
Thursday, February 24
• Stories of Sacrifice and Songs of Praise: An Evening with Ambassador Andrew Young and World-Renowned Vocal Artist Wintley Phipps Honoring the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 6:30 p.m.*, nave. Young has served as a member of Congress, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Mayor of Atlanta, and ordained minister. He was a key strategist and negotiator during the civil rights movement. Phipps has performed for several U.S. presidents, and in November 2021, he sang at Colin Powell’s funeral. Valet parking will be available. The event will be livestreamed. We will have a reception following the event. All are welcome.
Sunday, February 27
• Honoring the St. Scholastica Grant recipients, 9 a.m. mass, nave